Today's Deal from Afterguard Sailing Academy
You love the jazz clubs, farmers' market, and waterfront restaurants in Jack London Square, but if you'd like to take your relationship with the East Bay's surrounding waters one step further -- and beat the heat while you're at it -- check out today's deal: $195 for an introductory sailing class from Afterguard Sailing Academy (regularly $390). This two-day course takes place on the Oakland Estuary, which boasts calm, safe waters for year-round sailing as well as beautiful views (including views of the San Francisco skyline). You'll learn key sailing vocabulary, practice tying knots, and spend most of two days on the water -- and with only two or three other students on board, you'll get plenty of individual attention. After the course, you'll receive an Afterguard competent crew certificate; this course is a first step toward earning an ASA-101 certification for independent sailing as a skipper. Looks like your weekends will soon be filled with more excitement than farmers' market visits.
Want more? Check out Afterguard Sailing Academy on Facebook.
Limit 1 per purchaser, additional as gifts
• All classes must be redeemed by same customer
• Valid for ages 7-77 years old. Minors can participate with parent/guardian approval. All participants will be required to sign a waiver
• Weekday lessons can be arranged as well
• Voucher valid for the Oakland location only
• Entire value must be used in a single visit